The use of medications to improve mental health is not only controversial, it’s confusing. As a clinician, not only do you need to be on top of the latest developments, but you also have to take that information and use it effectively with your client.
And to make matters worse, psychopharmacology trainings are often complicated and hard to sit through.
It's time for a change...
Join expert Tom Smith, P.D., FASCP, LMHC, NCP, BCCP, in this one of a kind online course to get the most up-to-date psychotropic medication information in an engaging style that keeps you focused. Together, you'll walk step-by-step through the latest medication trends for depression, bipolar, anxiety, schizophrenia, ADHD, and Alzheimer's disease.
In three captivating modules, you will gain the tools and strategies you need to:
- Improve clients' understanding of their mental illness and how medication aids recovery
- Select appropriate medications for each disorder and age group
- Improve client adherence to medications
- Help clients manage unpleasant side effects
- And so much more!
Transform your practice and improve your client's outcomes with psychopharmacology skills that complement your psychotherapy efforts!
"This is the best psychopharmacology lecture I have ever experienced. I loved every minute!"
"Mr. Smith was one of the best presenters I have ever had the pleasure of hearing. He is incredibly knowledgeable, great humor/wit, and his presentation style was wonderful. He brings a certain genuineness that most speakers cannot convey during a presentation. Wonderful overall! I would absolutely love to attend another program with Mr. Tom Smith."
"The presenter made the information fun to learn. I appreciated how much I was able to learn from this course. Very helpful!"
Psychiatric medications are only effective when they are used correctly. Join Tom Smith, P.D., FASCP, LMHC, NCP, BCCP, for three step-by-step modules where you'll discover how medications can help manage depression, bipolar, anxiety, schizophrenia, ADHD, and Alzheimer's disease, as well as what your clients can expect with each medication and how you can increase your client's compliance.
Begin your journey with psychopharmacology through a foundational understanding of the science behind the clinical issues you see every day in your practice.
Module 1 uncovers:
- How psychopharmacology was "born"
- An enzymes purpose and why this is so important to psychopharmacology
- How the body makes serotonin
- When and why to give amphetamines
- Dopamine's importance and what symptoms occur when the levels are unstable
- How the body uses homeostatic mechanisms to keep neurotransmitters in balance
- The theory of agonism and antagonism
- The DSM-5 and medications
In Module 2, you'll begin to look at when you should use certain medications and how these medications are thought to work. With a better understanding of this process you will be able to explain to your clients WHY they are (or should be) taking certain medications. Included in this module, is a printable tool you can use to right away to improve your client compliance with medications.
Module 2 highlights:
- What it means when a drug is "new on the market"
- Strategies for when your client is taking their prescription incorrectly
- How antidepressants are thought to work
- Why we use cyclics and what side effects may be present
In the final module, you'll discover more about how certain medications are thought to work and how you can use them to achieve the best outcomes for your clients. You'll then learn what's new, old, what is coming to market, and why you need to keep these things in mind for your clients.
In module 3 you will go over:
- How SSRIs are tolerated and common side effects
- Common antidepressants and why they are used
- Treatment strategies for "treatment resistant depression"
- Medicating Bipolar disorder with antianxiety agents, antidepressant medications, and antipsychotic drugs
- What you need to know about mood stabilizers
- ADHD medications — what's new, old, stimulants vs non-stimulants and more
- Drug treatments for Alzheimer's disease
Enroll today and you'll get this FREE Bonus item — a $24.99 value
Straight Talk on Mental Health Medications, Third Edition
By: Joseph Wegmann, R.PH., LCSW
Included in your tuition for this online course is a free PDF download of Joe Wegmann's award winning book (IBPA Benjamin Franklin Award), Psychopharmacology: Straight Talk on Mental Health Medications, Third Edition.
This is the definitive guide and desk reference for professionals and clients to expand their knowledge in the pharmacological and behavioral treatment of psychosis, anxiety, depression, bipolar, insomnia and ADHD.
New to the third edition:
- DSM-5® and psychotropic medication prescribing
- New risk factors with antidepressants
- Anxiety treatment -- what should not be medicated
- Herbal and other alternative treatments
- Latest in geriatric psychopharmacology
- Psychotropic medication discontinuation-safe strategies that work
- Additive and combination medication protocols
- Newly released psychiatric medications
- Dosage Range Charts
Tom Smith, P.D., FASCP, LMHC, NCP, BCCP, is a Doctor of Pharmacy, a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, a Nationally Certified Psychologist, and a Board Certified Clinical Counselor. He holds academic appointments at Butler School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, the Saint Louis University School of Graduate Nursing, and the University of Phoenix. Tom is a Fellow of the American Society of Consulting Pharmacists. Tom has spoken on Bipolar Disorder, the DSM-5®, and psychopharmacology throughout the United States, He is the author of Psychopharmacology Made Simple: A Primer, and he is internationally published on the topic of Aromatherapy.
Tom maintains an active private practice in Martinsville, Indiana, where he works with clients of all ages.
Financial: Tom Smith maintains a private practice. He will address ‘off-label’ uses of commercial products. Mr. Smith is a speaker who receives an honorarium for PESI, Inc.
Non-Financial: Tom Smith is nationally published on the Americans with Disabilities Act and receives no compensation.
PsychOz Publications, in collaboration with PESI in the USA, offers quality online continuing professional development events from the leaders in the field at a standard recognised by professional associations including psychology, social work, occupational therapy, alcohol and drug professionals, counselling and psychotherapy. On completion of the training, a Professional Development Certificate is issued after the individual has answered and submitted a quiz and course evaluation.
Register for this comprehensive training course without risk. If you're not completely satisfied, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're that confident that you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.