A cofounder of Cognitive Behavior Therapy and voted "one of the 10 most influential psychotherapists of the 20th century," Dr. Meichenbaum has dedicated his life to improving the quality of clinical care.
In this groundbreaking online course, the culmination of Dr. Meichenbaum's decades of clinical and research experience is placed at your fingertips. Now you can learn to integrate evidence-based techniques with your current methodology — and make your trauma treatment even more effective!
Doing this kind of work is not for the faint-hearted ... but when you are equipped with the skills to transform lives, the rewards are priceless. Upgrade your practice and get better results with your clients — starting today!
- Complex PTSD
- Prolonged and Complicated Grief
- Traumatic Bereavement
- Substance Abuse Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Suicidal Behavior
|HERE'S WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING:|
- Controversies in the field of PTSD and Complex PTSD: "State of the Art"
- What distinguishes the 75% of individuals who evidence resilience VERSUS the 25% who develop persistent PTSD and related co-occurring disorders and adjustment difficulties
- The nature and neurobiology of resilience: Implications for assessment and treatment
- Constructive Narrative Treatment Perspective: How to help clients develop "healing stories" and accompanying coping strategies
- What resilient individuals DO and do NOT do
- A Case Conceptualization Model of risk and protective factors that informs treatment decision-making
SPECIFIC EVIDENCE-BASED INTEGRATED TREATMENT APPROACHES FOR CLIENTS WITH COMORBID DISORDERS
- The Core Tasks of Psychotherapy: What "EXPERT" therapists do
- PTSD is more than a Fear-based Anxiety Disorder: The role of guilt, shame, disgust, anger, prolonged and complicated grief and moral injuries
- Detailed clinical examples of INTEGRATED treatment with clients experiencing a variety of clinical disorders:
- Prolonged and Complicated Grief Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Suicidal behavior
- Substance abuse disorder (including how to integrate 12 AA step programs and ways to enhance Recovery Transition Coping skills)
- Traumatic Brain Injuries and PTSD
HOW TO IMPLEMENT THE CORE TASKS OF PSYCHOTHERAPY
- Develop, maintain and monitor a therapeutic alliance
- Treatment-informed feedback
- Collaborative goal setting using Motivational Interviewing to nurture hope and positive emotions
- Psycho-education using a CLOCK metaphor
- Teach intra- and interpersonal coping skills: Intervention guidelines on ways to increase the likelihood of treatment generalization
- Bolster the client's resilience in six domains: physical, interpersonal, emotional, cognitive, behavioral and spiritual
- Integrate spirituality and psychotherapy
- Address the needs of health care providers: Ways to bolster "vicarious resilience"
PRESENTATION OF A CLINICAL TOOL BOX TO BE USED IN YOUR PRACTICE
- Detailed CLIENT-BASED Checklists:
- Coping strategies with Grief
- Transition Recovery strategies from substance abuse
- Consumer guidelines on how to evaluate treatment centers
- 12 step AA checklist
- Spirituality-based activities assessment and others
|PLUS, A FREE BONUS VIDEO WHEN YOU SIGN UP TODAY!|
In the aftermath of experiencing traumatic events, most individuals in North America cope by methods of religious or spiritual activities. Dr. Meichenbaum will discuss the evidence for the incidence and impact of religious and spiritual modes of coping. He will provide you with specific ways to assess for the client's use of spiritual coping and discuss the variety of methods to incorporate spirituality and psychotherapy. The functions of spirituality in the recovery process and an examination of both the dangers and strengths of using religious forms of coping will be covered. A detailed handout complete with valuable worksheets will be provided.
He has presented in all 50 U.S. states and internationally. He has published extensively and most recently published Roadmap to Resilience: A Guide for Military Trauma Victims and Their Families. His other books include Treatment of Individuals with Anger Control Problems and Aggressive Behavior; Stress Inoculation Training; Facilitating Treatment Adherence; and The Unconscious Reconsidered.
He has consulted for various populations including veterans' hospitals, the National Guard, psychiatric treatment centers for children, adolescents and adults, treatment center for individuals with traumatic brain injuries, torture victims, Native populations, deaf populations and school boards. See papers by Dr. Meichenbaum on www.melissainstitute.org (go to home page and click on Author's Index and scroll to Meichenbaum).
Financial: Donald Meichenbaum is Research Director of the Melissa Institute for Violence Prevention and Treatment. He is the Distinguished Professor Emeritus for the University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Dr. Meichenbaum receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Donald Meichenbaum has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Dr. Meichenbaum shares his knowledge and experience in 7 hours of teaching videos and a powerful 126-page PDF manual filled with handouts, checklists, tools, and techniques. Click here for course objectives and outline.
Review all the course materials at your own pace and at your convenience! The resources in this course are yours to keep forever. Just watch your email for the order confirmation and link to get immediate access to all course videos and materials online. Plus, use the CE21 Mobile™ app to access the course content on-the-go, wherever and whenever you want on your mobile devices.
You'll have the opportunity to instantly collaborate with other professionals on the course materials through interactive message boards. You'll be part of a community of practitioners all focused on these materials, providing valuable opportunities to share insight and experiences, and to build your professional network.
Complete your online CPD tests and earn 7+ CPD Hours!
Continuing Professional Development Certificates:
PsychOz Publications, in collaboration with PESI in the USA, offers quality online continuing professional development events from the leaders in the field at a standard recognised by professional associations including psychology, social work, occupational therapy, alcohol and drug professionals, counselling and psychotherapy. On completion of the training, a Professional Development Certificate is issued after the individual has answered and submitted a quiz and course evaluation.