With Relational EMDR you can leverage EMDR's proven ability to change the impact that traumatic memories have on the brain while leveraging the full healing potential of the client-therapist relationship—to offer clients not only relief from symptoms but hope for a better future.
Now, in this all-new Master Class, join Deany Laliotis, LICSW—Director of Training for EMDR Institute and associate of EMDR originator Francine Shapiro—to experience the life-changing power of Relational EMDR in action!
Through powerful in-session videos and in-depth, therapist-to-therapist conversations, you'll get inside access to four remarkable single-session breakthroughs with actual clients struggling with deep-rooted trauma, attachment wounds, shame, anger, and depression. Learn how to attune to clients to enhance the power of your work and discover how to increase positive outcomes, avoid clinical impasses, and help clients resolve traumatic experiences once and for all.
This is an essential learning experience for both EMDR-trained and non-EMDR-trained therapists who are ready to bring a new dimension of healing to their current therapeutic approach.
Don't miss this opportunity to experience Relational EMDR's ability to dramatically improve outcomes—even with the most challenging cases.
Dramatic clinical demonstrations with in-depth analysis by Deany Laliotis and fellow psychotherapist Rich Simon, make this all-new Master Class an essential learning experience. These sessions showcase the clinical mastery of Laliotis and demonstrate Relational EMDR's transformative approach to working with trauma, attachment wounds, suicide ideation, shame, depression, and anger.
Through this engaging course, you'll discover how to ...
- Help clients experience the freedom to be themselves so they can build stronger relationships
- Attune to a client’s emotional state somatically so you can track progress and make adjustments in real time
- Tailor responses help clients experience safety, autonomy, and control
- Increase positive outcomes by assessing your own strengths and vulnerabilities as a therapist
- Enhance your EMDR effectiveness by integrating the practices of Relational EMDR in your current approach
- Learn the importance of tracking the client’s emotional state somatically and responding to shifts and unspoken changes in real time
- Discover the role of therapist to encourage, regulate, and validate, based on the needs of the client
- Learn how to assess a disconnected client’s ability to access inner experiences
- Follow subtle client clues to the hidden source of the self-limiting reaction within the client
- Experience how attunement allows Deany to track moment-to-moment shifts in the client’s emotional state
- Discover how unprocessed secondary trauma can be as intrusive and disruptive as primary trauma
- Observe Relational EDMR's full ability to work with a unique and complex history
- Learn how to identify and work with a client who's traumatic stress resulted from being a witness to a violent event
- Find out what it takes to establish trust and a contract to do the work with a client who has no reason to trust anyone
- Discover how to ascertain safety—for both client and therapist—to move forward with work on trauma, rage and violence
- Experience how EMDR processing continues to work beyond the session, as Carlos returns for a follow-up session
- Observe the step-by-step process that Laliotis uses to help Gloria find a reason to move forward
- Gain actionable insights on the importance of touch, attunement and asking permission for trauma work as Laliotis helps Gloria process her pain
- Experience EMDR reprocessing where the attuned therapist supports the client through almost unendurable pain
- Learn how to balance the injunction of “first do no harm” with the need to support clients through a full experience of unprocessed events
- Learn to sort through the three likely causes of a clinical impasse
- Take in the power of an open-ended question—Is that voice familiar?— and how it leads directly to the target memory
- Observe Laliotis' clinical technique as she focuses reprocessing not on Amy’s sense of responsibility for her parents’ dysfunctional behavior, but on undoing her profound and overwhelming sense of aloneness
- Learn how to check for complete restructuring of the past belief as well as the emotional shift that ensures the transformation will hold in the future
Watch Deany Laliotis identify and explore in-depth the clinical skills that transcend theoretical paradigms, bringing together all that we know about trauma treatment. Help your clients understand their traumatic experiences and create a safe environment for them to heal.
Deany Laliotis LICSW, is the originator of Relational EMDR— a comprehensive relational EMDR psychotherapy that focuses on the transformational healing of complex trauma and other challenging cases as well as the ongoing personal and professional growth of experienced therapists. Deany is Director of Training for EMDR Institute, a senior faculty member and co-author with Francine Shapiro of the Institute’s Training Curriculum. Deany offers private advanced trainings, master classes and in-depth professional development retreats in Relational EMDR around the country. Deany is in demand internationally as a presenter, master trainer, case consultant and keynote speaker.
Financial: Deany Laliotis is in private practice. She is a senior trainer for EMDR Institute, Inc.
Non-financial: Deany Laliotis has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Here's what your colleagues are saying about Deany's EMDR Training Program
"Deany is a phenomenal speaker, presenter, and truly a healer. It was such an honor to learn from her, and her transparency in her work is amazing. I will take so much from this training into my own work with clients."
"Deany's training and information is inspirational! I believe that I will be able to incorporate the information and tools into my existing skill set and start using it immediately with clients."
"Deany is very real and authentic and vulnerable in a strong way. I greatly admire and respect her. My goal is to be as good as she is at interweaving some day. She truly has a gift!"
"Deany is such a gifted teacher and mentor. It was very helpful to have the opportunity to weave together in real-time what we were learning in the lectures, discussions, and videos."
If you're not completely satisfied, please email us at email@example.com. We’re that confident that you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.
PsychOz Publications, in collaboration with PESI in the USA, offers quality online continuing professional development events from the leaders in the field at a standard recognised by professional associations including psychology, social work, occupational therapy, alcohol and drug professionals, counselling and psychotherapy. On completion of the training, a Professional Development Certificate is issued after the individual has answered and submitted a quiz and course evaluation.