- Average Rating:
5 Hours 48 Minutes
- Audio and Video
31 May, 2018
- Product Code:
- Media Type:
- Never expires.
Robert Tinker, PhD, PC, has specialized in EMDR for 26 years in areas of writing, research, consultation, training and clinical practice. He is the author of Through the Eyes of a Child: EMDR with Children.
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Summarize the biological nature of trauma and how trauma can create physical and psychological symptoms to better understand your clients.
- Explain how EMDR is used for processing traumatic memories as it relates to clinical practice.
- Evaluate research of the effectiveness of EMDR with clients aging across the lifespan.
- Examine the research that suggestions EMDR as a successful tool for the clinical treatment of phantom limb pain and as well as other pain.
- Describe how EMDR has been used to treat clients after motor vehicle accidents and other discrete traumatic experiences, in dissociative clients.
- Review the studies that show EMDR as a form of treatment with neurobiological shifts within a single session, as well as over time; not only with PTSD, but also in phantom limb pain.
- Summarize the results of neuroimaging studies that show the brain pre-and post EMDR treatment.
- Determine when/if your client is prepared to safely process trauma memories via EMDR.
Research of EMDR across the lifespan
Data and Scientific Studies
- Traumatized children
- Phantom limb pain and other pain
- After motor vehicle accident or single incident trauma
- Clients with Dissociative Identity Disorder
- And more
Review of Client Success with EMDR
- EMDR and the Brain
- Neuroscience behind EMDR
- Neuroimaging studies comparing before/after treatment
- Evidence of Neurobiological shifts during session
- Case studies
- Video demonstration
Physicians, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Counselors, Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, Psychiatrists, and other Mental Health Professionals
Total Reviews: 9