- Average Rating:
Zachary Alti, LCSW
- Audio and Video
Mar 23, 2019
- Product Code:
- Media Type:
- Also available:
- Never expires.
Zachary Alti, LCSW, is a psychotherapist in New York City and a clinical social work professor at Fordham and Rutgers universities.
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Articulate for clients the differences between porn use and the signs and symptoms of addiction.
- Characterize and address the trends of modern porn addiction that can negatively affect clients, such as interpersonal conflict, inability to become aroused by real sex, dysphoria, an increase in thrill-seeking behaviors, and self-isolation.
- Analyze the neurobiological mechanisms of behavioural/process addictions, and integrate salient treatment approaches into your practice, including CBT-Internet Addiction, holistic lifestyle attunements, and elements of Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction.
For the Purposes of Psychoeducation, Articulate for Clients the Differences Between Porn Use and the Signs and Symptoms of Addiction
- Identify when usage becomes problematic.
- Examine how non-problematic usage can be tracked to prevent a slip into addiction.
For Assessment and Treatment Planning, Identify Which Modern Porn Addiction Trends Are Most Affecting Your Clients’ Well-Being
- Recognize what deficiencies in lifestyle may be contributing to problematic levels of porn usage for your clients.
- Identify inflamed emotional needs which may be fueling problematic porn for your clients.
- Discover the common trends of porn addiction, based on Mark Griffiths’ research into the Domains of Behavioral Addictions (Salience, Mood Modification, Tolerance, Withdrawal, Conflict, and Relapse).
Outline the Neurobiological Mechanisms of Behavioral/Process Addictions and Their Treatment Implications
- Explore how behavioural/process addictions affect the brain's reward circuits.
- Discover how behavioural/process addictions affect brain development.
- Examine how behavioural/process addictions differ from substance-based addictions.
- Limitations of current research – case study model and paucity of research base
Utilize Clinical Strategies That Integrate Modern Treatments for Porn Addiction
- Explore the effectiveness of traditional relational approaches on the underlying causes of behavioural/process addictions.
- Discover Cognitive Behavioral Therapy-Internet Addiction (CBT-IA) as the first direct treatment for behavioural/process addictions.
- Review Holistic lifestyle attunement strategies.
- Integrate Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) into a behavioural/process addiction treatment program.
- Addiction Counselors
- Social Workers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Other Behavioral Health Professionals
Total Reviews: 455