- Average Rating:
6 Hours 13 Minutes
- Audio and Video
22 Mar, 2017
- Product Code:
- Media Type:
- Never expires.
Continuing Professional Development Certificates
PsychOz Publications, in collaboration with PESI in the USA, offers quality online continuing professional development events from the leaders in the field at a standard recognized by professional associations including psychology, social work, occupational therapy, alcohol and drug professionals, counselling and psychotherapy. On completion of the training, a Professional Development Certificate is issued after the individual has answered and submitted a quiz and course evaluation. This online program is worth 6.25 hours CPD.
JENNIFER GIUSTRA-KOZEK, LPC, NCC, is a board certified licensed psychotherapist with 17 years of clinical experience treating clients with Asperger’s, depression, anxiety, OCD and ADHD. She is the author of a two-time award-winning book, Healing without Hurting: Treating ADHD, Apraxia and Autism Spectrum Disorders Naturally and Effectively without Harmful Medication. Jennifer had seen the ADHD/Autism epidemic unfold in her own private practice and has watched the harmful impact of medication on many of her young clients. The ADHD/autism epidemic turned personal when Jennifer’s young son was diagnosed. She plunged into the world of safe and natural healing modalities and found much success after reading over 150 articles and studies from esteemed medical journals and over 25 books on the topic of natural health.
Jennifer teaches practitioners and families about nutrition, therapies and biomedical interventions for the treatment of these disorders. She conducts workshops at national conferences including the Autism One Conference held yearly in Chicago. Jennifer shares her nutritional expertise in International Online Autism Recovery Summits with other clinicians, medical doctors and functional medicine practitioners.
Jennifer has written many newspaper and magazine articles including Autism Parenting Magazine and has appeared as a guest on numerous radio shows. Her book rated #1 New Release on Amazon in the category of Children’s Learning Disorders and has been featured on NBC and FOX5 news. Jennifer also serves on the Board of Directors of Epidemic Answers. She is certified in EMDR, Reiki and Hypnotherapy.
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Demonstrate how many symptoms can be remedied with nutritional balancing.
- Describe how food-sensitivities can contribute to behavioral symptoms and how “special diets” can be extremely beneficial.
- Explain the link between ADHD and autism, processed food, food additives, pesticides, heavy metal and environmental chemicals.
- Summarize the most recent research in the area of genetic vulnerabilities and how specific genetic mutations may be preventing the body from digesting food, utilizing nutrients appropriately and detoxing effectively.
- Describe the link between our emotions and our intestinal system.
- Give examples of gut healing protocols and how to heal intestinal permeability.
- Demonstrate Eastern Medicine, and body work practices and therapies.
- Develop and implement an individualized nutrition and integrative treatment plan.
The Brain/Gut Connection: How Emotions are Governed by Our Intestinal System
- Link between nutritional deficiencies, neurodevelopmental delays and mental health disorders
- Latest evidence-based research
- Influence of gut microbes on mental health
- Genetic vulnerabilities and other early contributing factors
- Food sensitivities and special diets’ influence on our intestinal system and immune system
TREATMENT PLANS TO HEAL THE GUT, REDUCE INFLAMMATION AND IMPROVE BRAIN FUNCTION
ADHD Strategies for Improving…
- Memory, Mental Processing, Cognitive Function, Hyperactivity and Concentration
- Natural brain stimulants
- Brain training therapies
- Fish oil and fatty acids
- B vitamins
- Processed foods and refined sugar
Anxiety Strategies for Improving…
- Obsessive/Compulsive Disorders, Worry and Fear
- Beat anxiety with magnesium and probiotics/ fermented foods
- Amino acids and their role
- Treat intestinal upset, constipation and diarrhea
- Dietary changes to support a healthy thyroid
- The importance of grounding and mindfulness
ODD Strategies for Improving…
- Oppositional, Angry, Impulsive, Irritable and Anti-Social Behaviors
- Natural ways to detox and cleanse the liver to reduce angry feelings
- The effect of food intolerances and artificial food color and additives
- A natural stimulant involved in proper nerve function
- Nutritional requirements such as iron, zinc and B6
- The impact of cholesterol levels on aggression and suicidal tendencies
Depression Strategies for Improving…
- Emotional Dysregulation
- The role protein plays in the creation of neurotransmitters
- Increase serotonin through dietary measures
- Fight mood swings by stabilizing blood sugar
- Foods and herbs to treat hypoglycemia
- Herbs that are as effective as Prozac
Sleep Disturbances Strategies for Improving…
- Wakefulness and Restlessness
- Treat cortisol levels and supporting adrenal functioning
- Helping the pineal make melatonin
- The importance of vitamin B6, B9, B12, amino acids tryptophan and GABA
- Address negative food reactions
- Helpful bedtime rituals
Sensory Processing Disorders (SPD) Strategies for Improving…
- Inappropriate Motor and Behavioral Responses
- Treat SPD with essential brain minerals
- Herbs, vitamins and minerals to address underlying adrenal fatigue
- How metal toxicity may play a role
- Integrative reflex therapies, massage, acupuncture and body work practices
Strategies for Nutritional and Behavioral Outcomes
- Getting our clients to buy into dietary changes and holistic approaches
- Persuading a picky eater to eat healthier
- Creative ways to take and/or give dietary supplements
Other Important Considerations
- Neurotransmitters responsible for learning and memory
- Genetic mutations: How they affect and what to do about them
- What to do about viruses and bacterial infections
Counselors, Psychologists, Social Workers, Speech-Language Pathologists, Speech-Language Pathology, Assistants Occupational Therapists,
Occupational Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Educators, School Counselors, School Psychologists, School Social Workers,
School Administrators• Intervention Specialists, Behavioral Specialists, Marriage & Family Therapists, Educational Paraprofessionals, Nurses
Total Reviews: 75