- Average Rating:
Steven Stosny, Ph.D.
2 Hours 40 Minutes
- Audio and Video
Mar 25, 2018
- Product Code:
- Media Type:
- Never expires.
Steven Stosny, Ph.D. is the director of Compassion Power and author of You Don't Have to Take It Anymore: How to Turn a Resentful, Angry or Emotionally Abusive Relationship into a Compassionate, Loving One and Love Without Hurt.
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Explore how to switch from “toddler brain” to “adult brain” coping mechanisms by focusing on improving, appreciating, connecting, or protecting.
- Explore how to act on their deeper values rather than temporary feelings by discovering what’s most important to them and which behaviour choices make them truly like themselves.
- Explore how to turn guilt and shame into love motivators that help them show compassion and kindness.
- Explore how to use the power of habituation to help them reinforce love and affection into their daily routine.
- Couples often fail to maintain the skills they learn in therapy.
- Under stress, they retreat to entrenched habits of emotion regulation.
- Under stress they invoke childhood coping mechanisms of blame, denial, and avoidance.
- Teach clients to switch from “toddler brain” to “adult brain” coping mechanisms.
- Convert blame, denial, avoidance into improve, appreciate, connect, protect.
- Show clients how to act on their deeper values rather than temporary feelings
- Show clients how to use guilt and shame as motivations to stay true to deeper values, i.e., showing compassion and kindness to loved ones.
- Create positive emotional habits to replace dysfunctional ones.
- Help clients build routine micro-moments of connection, e.g., eye contact, brief touch, smiles.
- Help clients use cognitive dissonance to improve their connection.
- Addiction Counselors
- Social Workers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Other Behavioral Health Professionals
Total Reviews: 6