- Average Rating:
1 Hour 55 Minutes
- Audio and Video
26 Mar, 2017
- Product Code:
- Media Type:
- Never expires.
Continuing Professional Development Certificates
PsychOz Publications, in collaboration with PESI in the USA, offers quality online continuing professional development events from the leaders in the field at a standard recognized by professional associations including psychology, social work, occupational therapy, alcohol and drug professionals, counselling and psychotherapy. On completion of the training, a Professional Development Certificate is issued after the individual has answered and submitted a quiz and course evaluation. This online program is worth 2.0 hours CPD.
Signe Whitson, LSW, C-SSWS, is a certified school social work specialist, international educator on bullying prevention, and author of four books on the topic of bringing an end to bullying, including the just released 8 Keys to End Bullying Activity Book and Companion Guide and Friendship & Other Weapons: Group Activities to Help Young Girls Cope with Bullying.
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Articulate strategies to help build social-emotional competence in kids
- Compile Information and advice for cultivating digital citizenship to help address cyberbullying with clients
- Learning Objectives
- Five separate strategies to understand and prevent bullying
- Strategy One - Know Bullying When You See Bullying
- Bullying Behavior
- Purpose, Pattern, Purpose
- Strategy Two - Build Social-Emotional Competence
- Five specific areas of social skills
- Empathy, Kindness, Compassion
- Emotion Management
- Social Problem-Solving
- Friendship Building
- Teaching competency skills
- Strategy Three - Stop Bullying When You See Bullying
- Quick Intervention
- Assertive, Clear, Firm, Fair
- Fifteen seconds or less
- Role Play Responses
- Strategy Four - Deal with Cyberbullying
- Policies holding individual accountable
- What makes cyberbullying bad?
- Strategies for Professionals and Parents
- Connections, Competency, Cared For, Control
- Discussion of cyber-lingo
- Strategy Five - Make it Easy for Kids to Talk About Bullying
- Team Problem Solving
Psychologists, Physicians, Addiction Counselors, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, and other Behavioral Health Professionals
Total Reviews: 54