- Average Rating:
Angelle E. Richardson
6 Hours 07 Minutes
- Audio and Video
16 Feb, 2018
- Product Code:
- Media Type:
- Never expires.
Continuing Professional Development Certificates
PsychOz Publications, in collaboration with PESI in the USA, offers quality online continuing professional development events from the leaders in the field at a standard recognized by professional associations including psychology, social work, occupational therapy, alcohol and drug professionals, counselling and psychotherapy. On completion of the training, a Professional Development Certificate is issued after the individual has answered and submitted a quiz and course evaluation. This online program is worth 6.0 hours CPD.
Angelle E. Richardson, PhD, LPC, is the founder and director of Extended Hearts Family Therapy. She holds a Doctorate in Couple and Family Therapy from Drexel University, and a Masters in Counseling from Rider University, and is a Licensed Professional Counselor.
She has been certified in the Beck Model of Cognitive Therapy and is trained in Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT).
Dr. Richardson specializes in working with families and adolescents, particularly those affected by separation and loss. For over 13 years, she has worked with families impacted by grief, trauma, adoption, and foster care.
Financial: Angelle Richardson is founder and director of Extended Hearts Family Therapy. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Angelle Richardson is a member of the American Counseling Association; and the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Assess for signs of psychological trauma in children and adolescents.
- Differentiate between trauma and other behavior-related issues that children and adolescents manifest.
- Communicate effective ways to connect and work with young people who have experienced trauma.
- Recommend approaches to working within cultural differences in young trauma clients that may affect the therapeutic process.
- Critique various assessment tools using trauma screening tools.
- Develop CBT skills from evidenced-based practices that work with children and adolescents who have experienced a trauma.
- Provide practical coping skills for children and adolescents who have experienced a trauma.
- Connecting With Adolescents
- Engaging Adolescents and Caregivers
- Use of Trauma Screening Tools
- Trauma Checklists and Scales for Children and Adolescents
- Trauma and PTSD
- Signs of Trauma and PTSD
- Behaviors at Home
- Behaviors at School
- Behaviors in Social Situations
- How Other Diagnosis Mask Trauma and PTSD
- Types of Trauma
- Physical Abuse and Sexual Abuse (Reporting Practices)
- Domestic Violence
- Community and School Violence
- Traumatic Loss
- Natural Disasters
- How Trauma Affects Adolescents
- Behavioral Difficulties
- Mental Health Challenges
- Attachment Challenges
- Grief and Loss History
- Family Conflict
- Evidenced Based Practices
- CBT Techniques
- Identifying Feelings
- Agenda Setting
- Identify How Feelings, Thoughts and Behaviors Interact
- TF-CBT Techniques
- Normalizing Reactions to Trauma
- Recognizing Safe Spaces
- Developing Relaxation Techniques
- Discuss the Trauma
- Telling Their Story
- Identify Feelings, Thoughts, and Behaviors Related to the Trauma
- Identify Techniques to Cope with Challenging Feelings, Thoughts, and Behaviors
- Identify Their Support System
- Moving Forward
- Cultural Considerations in Practice
- Race and Ethnicity
- Family History and Background
Social Workers, Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, Psychologists, School Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Case Managers, Addiction Counselors, Other Mental Health Professionals
Total Reviews: 22