- Average Rating:
6 Hours 11 Minutes
- Audio and Video
02 Oct, 2015
- Product Code:
- Media Type:
- Never expires.
Continuing Professional Development Certificates
PsychOz Publications, in collaboration with PESI in the USA, offers quality online continuing professional development events from the leaders in the field at a standard recognized by professional associations including psychology, social work, occupational therapy, alcohol and drug professionals, counselling and psychotherapy. On completion of the training, a Professional Development Certificate is issued after the individual has answered and submitted a quiz and course evaluation. This online program is worth 6.25 hours CPD.
David Grand, PhD, is the developer of Brainspotting and has trained more than 8,000 therapists internationally. He’s the author of Brainspotting: The Revolutionary New Therapy for Rapid and Effective Change.
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Access the clients visual field and somatic awareness to gain neurobiological attunement while enhancing relational attunement.
- Demonstrate three methods of attuning to clients visual field including Outside Window, Inside Window and Gazespotting.
- Use less intervention by accessing and trusting the clients innate brain-body healing capacity.
- Explain psychoeducation regarding the neocortex and subcortex with clients.
- Develop increased awareness of the counter-transferential activation of the flight, fight freeze response and how to adapt to it.
- Describe how to effectively use Brainspotting with clients with Dissociative and Attachment disorders.
What is Brainspotting?
- Brain-body based relational therapy
- Deeper, more powerful processing of trauma
- Brainspot – activity in the brain in response to focus and eye position
The Three Types of Brainspots
- Outside Window: Client unaware of therapist tracking reflex brainspots
- Inside Window: Client and therapist work together to find brainspots
- Gazespotting: Client has a fixed gaze while thinking or speaking
Reflexive Responses in Clients
- Eye wobbles
- Eye freezes
- Facial tics
- Brow furrowing
- Head nods
- Body shifting
The Dual Attunement Frame
- Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Goal of brainspotting is accessing self-healing capacities
- Activate, locate and process the sources of trauma and distress in the body
- Unfreeze and release where the trauma is being held
- Gain direct access to midbrain processes for bottom up brain-body change
- SUDS Level (10-0)
- Location of activation in the body
- Location of eye position of greatest activity
- Focused Mindfulness (processing)
Addiction Counselors, Case Managers, Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, Psychologists, Social Workers, and other Mental Health Professionals
Total Reviews: 77