- Average Rating:
1 Hour 57 Minutes
- Audio and Video
23 Mar, 2018
- Product Code:
- Media Type:
- Never expires.
MS, LMHC, LMFT
Kate Cohen-Posey, MS, LMHC, LMFT, is the director of Psychiatric & Psychological Services in Lakeland, FL and has 40 years of clinical experience. Her best-selling client handout books offer concise information on common disorders and relationship problems; Making Hostile Words Harmless teaches how to disarm attack-defend-withdraw neural pathways and is endorsed by Stephen R. Lankton, protégé of Milton Erickson; Empowering Dialogues Within gives more than 50 examples of brain change strategies by wiring negative brain centers with their counter parts in the positive frontal lobe through dialogue. She is the inventor of the Handy Brain Model – a teaching tool that makes complex neurological information understandable. Kate has a knack for integrating wisdom from CBT, Ericksonian hypnosis, Gestalt, Ego State, EMDR, Somatic, and Brain-spotting therapies with knowledge emerging from neuroscience and brain imaging studies. She has also studied with the Hokori-Ji Zen Center and has been practicing yoga for many years.
Financial: Kate Cohen-Posey receives compensation as Director of Psychiatric and Psychological Services. She receives royalties as an author from John Wiley & Sons, Inc., and Rainbow Books, Inc. Ms. Cohen-Posey has an ownership interest with Handy Brain Model. Kate Cohen-Posey receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Kate Cohen-Posey is a member of the Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing International Association (EMDRIA); and the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT).
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Use the insula to reduce visceral sensations
- Find sensations to rewind them
- Teach clients to release endorphins
- Transform brain research into interventions
- Change the brain’s negative bias
- Externalize & personify negative thoughts
- Rapidly activate centers for positive emotions
- No‐fail homework assignments
- 4‐step method to overcome negative self‐talk: demonstration and practicum
- Replace controlling, critical inner voices with compassion and curiosity
- Use memory tricks to increase mindfulness
- Learn the prerequisite for deep therapeutic change
- Mix everyday tech savvy with neuroscience
- Explore the therapeutic impact of activating brain centers that neutralize stressful neurochemicals
- Explore how to regulate sensations from disturbing emotions by balancing them with uplifting neurochemicals
- Explore the power of visual images to externalize distress, enhance attunement, and create pathways to implicit memories and inner assets
- Explore ways to integrate a variety of therapeutic approaches into a three-step, brain-based protocol that can be used with diverse populations and ages
Psychologists, Physicians, Addiction Counselors, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, and other Behavioral Health Professionals
Total Reviews: 372