- Average Rating:
5 Hours 59 Minutes
- Audio and Video
07 Feb, 2018
- Product Code:
- Media Type:
- Never expires.
Continuing Professional Development Certificates
PsychOz Publications, in collaboration with PESI in the USA, offers quality online continuing professional development events from the leaders in the field at a standard recognized by professional associations including psychology, social work, occupational therapy, alcohol and drug professionals, counselling and psychotherapy. On completion of the training, a Professional Development Certificate is issued after the individual has answered and submitted a quiz and course evaluation. This online program is worth 6.0 hours CPD.
PhD, LPC, WCP, MPH
Galen Cole, PhD, LPC, WCP, MPH, is a licensed counselor, a world certified psychotherapist, certified clinical hypnotherapist and has a master of public health. Dr. Cole specializes in contemporary cognitive appraisal techniques, including Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT). In his private practice Dr. Cole applies evidence-based CBT interventions to treat adult clients with a wide range of conditions like depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anger, addictions and adult ADHD. He consistently uses CBT in his clinical practice because of its effective, proven results with clients.
Dr. Cole has published several books, including the new release, True Psychology: The Science of Building Psychological Resilience (2016), where he skillfully explains how CBT can be applied in ways that rapidly resolve trauma, and effectively treat the etiology of mood disorder and anxiety conditions.
In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Cole has served in several senior level capacities as both a researcher and a mental health thought leader. He serves as president of the Georgia Association of Licensed Professional Counselors.
Financial: Galen Cole is in private practice. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Galen Cole is a member of the Georgia Association for Licensed Professional Counselors.
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Apply and integrate evidence-based techniques from cognitive-behavioral therapies.
- Identify motivational interviewing strategies to build rapport and engage challenging clients.
- Describe behavioral therapy techniques to modify and change maladaptive behaviors.
- Utilize more effective goal setting and problem solving strategies with clients.
- Describe key behavioral activation and exposure strategies used in behavior therapies.
- Identify four key cognitive-behavior therapy questions to use with all clients to be applied in a clinical setting.
- Identify, challenge and replace negative self-talk, thoughts, assumptions and core beliefs.
- Describe cognitive and behavioral interventions to apply in a clinical setting for clients who are depressed and anxious.
- Identify practical exercises and worksheets to help implement CBT into clinical practice.
- Principles and Goals for Practicing and Applying 3rd Wave CBT
- Neuroscience and Brain Plasticity
- Internal Locus of Control
- Rational Thoughts, Decisions and Actions
- Socratic Questioning and Motivational Interviewing
- Inoculation Theory, Paradoxical Agenda
- Setting and Cognitive Dissonance
- Positive Psychology – A New End-Game for CBT
- Holistic Promotion of Health and Well-Being
- Account for Vulnerability
- Psychological Resilience
- Learned Optimism
- Happiness Algorithm Planning
- Specific “3rd Wave CBT” Approaches — Tools and Techniques for Client Transformation
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Schema Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based CBT
- TEAM CBT
- Life Script Restructuring
- Somatic-Informed CBT for Trauma and Stress-Related Disorders
- The CFIM: A Trans-Theoretical Model for Conceptualizing and Treating Problems from a 3rd Wave CBT Perspective
- A Systematic Approach to Explicating and Linking 1st, 2nd & 3rd Wave Theory and Interventions
- Practical Tools and Techniques for Assessment and Intervention
- A “3rd Wave CBT” Approach for Conceptualizing & Treating Trauma
- Identify Trauma
- 3rd Wave Trauma Case Formulation
- 3rd Wave Interventions — Beyond Cognitive Processing
- Cross-Cutting Case Formulation and Interventions
- Subjective and Objective Assessment and Tracking Tools and Techniques
- Thought Monitoring
- Stress Inoculation and Management
- Cognitive Restructuring
- Somatic (Mind-Body) Interventions for Trauma-Centered CBT
- CBT Tools & Techniques for Treating Common Psychological Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety
- Panic Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- PTSD and Stress-Related Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Suicide Behaviors
Please Note: PESI is not affiliated or associated with Marsha M. Linehan, PhD, ABPP, or her organizations.
Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Psychotherapists, Case Managers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, Addiction Counselors, Mental Health Professionals
Total Reviews: 29