- Average Rating:
Britt Rathbone, LCSW-C, ACSW, BCD, CGP
1 Hour 58 Minutes
Mar 20, 2021
- Product Code:
- Media Type:
- Never expires.
Britt Rathbone, LCSW-C, ACSW, BCD, CGP, provides mental health services to adolescents and their families in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. He has 30 30 years of experience working directly with adolescents and families, is a "top therapist" for adolescents, teaches graduate students, trains therapists and leads a highly regarded and successful clinical practice. he lectures often on the value of DBT with young people. He is a dynamic and passionate speaker and his trainings consistently receive the highest ratings. He is the coauthor of Dialectical Behavior Therapy for At-Risk Adolescents, What works With Teens: A Professional's Guide to Engaging Authentically with Adolescents to Achieve Lasting Change, and Parenting a Teen Who Has Intense Emotions (New Harbinger, 2016).
Financial: Britt Rathbone is the founder and director for Capital youth Services dba Rathbone & Associates. He is the director at Washington Center for Mental Health Training. Mr. Rathbone is faculty at the University of Maryland. He is an author and receives royalties.
Non-financial: Britt Rathbone is a member of the Greater Washington Society for Clinical Social Work. He is a clinical member of the American Group Psychotherapy Association.
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Assess how to create discrepancy with values, goals, and behaviours to move therapy forward.
- Appraise specific evidence-based tools to quickly engage clients in therapy and determine how best to target symptoms.
- Determine how to develop skill with behaviour chain analysis to understand the function of behaviour and apply it to therapy to improve outcomes.
- Demonstrate how to create movement and flow in therapy using both acceptance-based and change-based strategies.
- Learn how to create discrepancy with values, goals, and behaviours to move therapy forward.
- Learn to quickly identify meaningful value-driven goals with clients.
- Identify behaviours that clients engage in that get them stuck.
- Effectively highlight conflict between behaviours and goals to jumpstart motivation to change.
- Describe specific evidence-based tools to quickly engage clients in therapy and determine how best to target symptoms.
- Establish appetitive long-term goals that resonate with clients and pull them towards meaningful change.
- Translate long term goals into specific therapy tasks to bring about change.
- Create a relationship between equals that engages client in the therapy process.
- Develop an organized plan for targeting symptoms to maximize therapy effectiveness.
- Recognize how to develop skill with behaviour chain analysis to understand the function of behaviour and apply it to therapy to improve outcomes.
- Learn when to use a behaviour chain analysis to collaboratively assess factors that reinforce problematic behaviours.
- Increase willingness to target challenging behaviours by effectively and accurately identifying problematic behaviours and teaching effective replacement behaviours.
- Describe how to create movement and flow in therapy using both acceptance-based and change-based strategies.
- Apply acceptance-based strategies including validation and mindfulness in an effective manner to soothe clients and manage intense emotion dysregulation.
- Aggressively target change using problem-solving, contingencies, skills training, exposure, and cognitive modification.
- Artfully use dialectical treatment strategies to break through power struggles, resistance, and treatment interfering behaviours.
- Social Workers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Addiction Counselors
- Case Managers
- Other Mental Health Professionals
Total Reviews: 10