- Average Rating:
Mr. Donald Altman, MA, LPC
17 Hours 29 Minutes
- PESI Inc.
- Product Code:
- Media Type:
- Also available:
- Never expires.
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Mindfulness and Cutting Edge Research
- Mindfulness as a metacognitive skill
- Negative effects of a wandering mind
- Breathing reduces rumination and anxiety
- Useful (and free) web resources
- Introduce Mindfulness to Your Clients
- Expand your mindfulness vocabulary
- Help clients understand mindfulness
- Find the right metaphor
- Using clients’ learning styles
- Practice: Getting into the Present Moment
- The Power of Sense Grounding
- Anxiety reduction with sense grounding
- Mindfulness for transitioning between activities
- Physical grounding method of dropping into the body
- Integrate progressive muscle relaxation
- Good for spatial, visual, hands-on learning styles
- Practice: Palm the Present Moment
- Brain Basics, Metacognition, and Interpersonal
- Emotional regulation for depression and anxiety
- Balance the brain’s default survival mode
- Effects of cortisol on learning and immune system
- Visual Brain Model for clients
- The brain’s mindfulness module
- Train the brain for calm response and metacognition
- Navy Seals, arousal control & parasympathetic nervous system
- Heart rate variability & relaxation response
- Practice: The Power of Breath
- Practice: Ask Clients the 3-Minute Question
- The Behavioral Side of Mindfulness
- Core lifestyle skills awareness training
- Sleep hygiene
- Manage sleep
- Sleep rituals and strategies
- Healthy eating/nutrition
- Caffeine, protein, neurotransmitters, and the brain
- Manage technology - How weapons of mass distraction may be rewiring the brain
- Practice: Assessment of Technology and Time
- Focus the mind (useful for ADHD)
- Integrate breath with a word/image
- Practice: Be the Pebble
- Mindful Laughter for Depression and Grief
- Tools for the ”terminally serious”
- Research on laughter and mood
- Biochemistry of laughter & human laughter response
- Laughter yoga and laughter in therapy
- Practice: The Lightness of Laughter
- The Uplifting Power of Storytelling
- Storytelling to overcome depression and build relationships
- Fredrickson’s Broaden and Build Theory of Positive
- Broaden attention; find resilience
- Stories are fundamental to attachment
- Build relationships through a story of strengths
- Practice: Identifying Strengths & Strengths Journal
- Manage Moods through Attention and Selective Memory
- Master attention and memories
- Savouring of the present moment
- Practice: Here and Now Pleasantness
- Use selective memory to savour the past and future
- Practice: Savoring Success: Past, Present, and Future
- Harnessing Gratitude to Increase Positive Emotions
- Manage depression with gratitude
- Gratitude research
- Four psychological reasons for gratitude
- Techniques that make gratitude interpersonal and enhance supportive social networks
- Practice: The G.L.A.D. Technique
- Heal Emotional Pain through Acceptance, Forgiveness, and Compassion
- Forgiveness for moving forward from trauma
- Forgiveness is a skill
- Research on compassion practice
- Changes in brain function
- Security priming for feelings of safety and trust
- Develop positive emotions and resources
- Practice: Loving-Kindness Affirmation
- The Truth About Stress
- Biological markers of stress: Telomeres and aging
- Identify and assess client stress levels
- Perceived Stress Scale
- Epstein Stress-Management Inventory
- Practice: Be a Smart Stress-Avoider
- Mindfulness for Addictive Cravings
- Emotional regulation for cravings
- Impulse control and craving control using grounding
- Practice: S-T-O-P Grounding Technique
- Change the Perception of Pain Mindfulness for Chronic Pain
- Introduction to the Body Scan Practice
- Demonstrate how to pay attention non-judgmentally
- Powerful grounding method; applications
- Practice: Surf the Body (The Body Scan)
- The Power of Sense Grounding Trauma
- Constructively distance from PTSD and negativity
- Three kinds of sense grounding
- Practice: Focusing on Favorites
- Reduce Anxiety by Mindfully Managing Transitions
- Manage transitions through movement and nature
- Process orientation vs. outcome orientation
- Attention Restoration Theory
- Effects of nature on focus, moods, & healing
- Slow down with nature to get present
- Integrated Tools
- Practice: Ground-Surfing (Mindful Walking)
- Practice: Turning Down the Volume with Nature
- Re-Envision and Refocus
- Working with difficult, unresolved life situations
- Metacognition as a path to insight
- Practice: Bear Meditation
- Put It All Together
- Create a mindfulness roadmap for clients
- Bundling practices together
- Engage through learning styles
- Maintain skills
- Follow-up and reinforcement
- Research limitations and the potential risks of mindfulness in treatment
- Evaluate how understandable explanations of mindfulness’ impact on neurological processes involved in common mental health disorders can be used to promote engagement in treatment.
- Explore the effect of diaphragmatic breathing on the parasympathetic nervous system and communicate how mindful breathing techniques can be incorporated into therapy.
- Assess the latest research analyzing mindfulness, attention and depressive symptoms.
- Connect how clinical tools based in mindfulness and grounding can be used to impact the biological stress response in clients with trauma.
- Consider how treatment plans for depression can incorporate mindfulness interventions that clients can use to counter automatic patterns of thoughts.
- Communicate the clinical implications of research regarding the health benefits of nature and exposure to the natural world.
- Plan how mindfulness strategies focused on impacting the neural pathways associated with fear can be incorporated into treatment to help alleviate symptoms in anxious clients.
- Articulate how mindfulness techniques that impact the areas of the nervous system associated with stress can be used in clinical practice.
- Analyze the state of research on the use of mindfulness as an intervention for the management of chronic pain.
- Scrutinize how barriers to implementing mindfulness can be overcome using practical informal techniques clients can easily and naturally incorporate into their lives.
- Appraise the latest research on the efficacy of mindfulness as an approach to aid in relapse prevention for alcohol and substance use disorders.
- Characterize how clinical tools that increase self-awareness can be used in therapy to help clients better manage their thoughts, emotions and behaviours.
- Communicate how self-compassion and feelings of safety, trust and forgiveness impact the therapeutic process.
- Analyze the latest research regarding the biochemistry of laughter and the connection between laughter and mental and physical health.
- Evaluate research on gratitude, it’s impact on depressive symptoms, and how easy to implement gratitude exercises could be beneficial to clients.
- Assess how mindfulness’ ability to shift awareness can be used to positively impact relationships and help clients to recognize their strengths.
- Establish how mindfulness can be taught to clients as a skill they can employ to ease the anxiety associated with transitions.
- Evaluate the role of compassion in treating clients suffering from high levels of shame and self-criticism.
Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Psychotherapists, Case Managers Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, Addiction Counselors, Mental Health Professionals
All physical products (Books, DVD's, etc.) are shipped from the United States and will be dispatched through FedEx International. As soon your order ships, you'll receive an automated e-mail with your tracking information. Tracking details can also be found directly on your account.
Total Reviews: 1