My Mindful Way
Dr. Urszula Klich, Ph.D, BCB, is a clinical psychologist, speaker, and author who teaches self-regulation to maximize physical and emotional health. She is a certified meditation teacher in Cognitively-Based Compassion Training (CBCT) through Emory University and has served on various medical teams.
She is board certified in biofeedback and is the president of the Southeast Biofeedback and Clinical Neuroscience Association. Her specialized program of Mindfulness-Based Biofeedback (MBB) has been published and widely applied from hospitals to classrooms based on the premise that integrating mindfulness and compassion-informed treatment with psychology fosters individuals’ healing power to improve physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
Living mindfully is advantageous and accessible to anyone who recognizes a need for a shift in their lives and sets an intention to move forward. She is a sought-after workshop leader and internationally recognized speaker in health and wellness.
Financial: Urszula Klich maintains a private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Urszula Klich is president of the Southeast Biofeedback and Clinical Neuroscience Association.
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Explore the physical and psychological benefits of mindfulness meditation and their treatment implications.
- Articulate the efficacy of practising mindfulness-based approaches as it relates to symptom reduction for several disorders, including anxiety and chronic pain.
- Integrate mindfulness and compassion-based interventions in session to improve clinical outcomes.
- Assess nervous system reactivity in clients with an individualized stress test to inform clinical treatment interventions.
- Analyze biofeedback treatment and provide examples of biofeedback modalities that are amenable to practical use by clients and in session.
- Perform a clinical assessment to inform the clinician’s choice of the best combination of mindfulness and biofeedback modalities for symptom management.
- Explain how mindfulness-based biofeedback treatment works to alleviate psychophysiological symptoms that occur because of acute and chronic stress.
- Integrate biofeedback with complementary relaxation techniques to improve clinical outcomes.
- Develop a mindfulness-based biofeedback treatment plan to alleviate symptoms of stress, pain, anxiety, PTSD, and depression in clients.
- Utilize respiration and thermal biofeedback modalities in session to teach clients self-regulation skills and stress management.
- Integrate biofeedback and self-regulation exercises, such as compassionate bodily awareness, in session, to improve client level of functioning.
- Utilize clinical strategies to adapt mindfulness-based biofeedback to treat various client populations, such as children and military personnel.
Integrate Biofeedback into Your Practice
- Biofeedback purpose and benefits
- Assess client reactivity
- Efficacy for various mental health conditions
- What happens when clients try to relax
- Stress & it’s relationship to pain
- How biofeedback works
- Choose the right tool for the job
- Usability and portability considerations
- Treatment goals
- Billing & documentation considerations
- Limitations of research & potential risks
- Practice Exercises: Using different biofeedback modalities
Respiration Biofeedback: Step-by-Step
- Meditation & the breath
- Assess dysfunctional breathing
- Symptoms of overbreathing
- Overbreathing & mental health
- Biofeedback modalities for breathing regulation
- Apps for use with respiration biofeedback
- Overcome barriers to improvement
- Practice Exercise: Respiration biofeedback
Thermal Biofeedback: Step-by-Step
- Symptoms of vasoconstriction
- Thermal biofeedback modalities
- Use thermal biofeedback to reduce level of arousal
- Teach clients to regulate temperature
- Integrate autogenic training & thermal biofeedback
- Practice Exercise: Hand temperature
Mindfulness & Compassion: Essential Skills for Use with Biofeedback
- Strategies to improve client engagement
- Promote psychological flexibility and adaptive functioning
- Autogenic training: Step-by-step
- Cognitively-Based compassion training
- Practice Exercise: Mindfulness & compassion
Mindfulness-Based Biofeedback Step-by-Step: Boost Clinical Effectiveness by Combining Mindfulness and Biofeedback
- Integrate physical, cognitive & emotional well-being
- When to use mindfulness-based biofeedback
- Assess client nervous system reactivity
- Biofeedback-driven goals
- ”Activate” the parasympathetic nervous system
- Help clients explore their values
- Take a strengths inventory
- Complementary relaxation techniques
- Utilize the MBB Cognitive Awareness Log
- Biofeedback-assisted body scan
- Barriers to mindfulness-based biofeedback
- Practice Exercises: Mindfulness-based biofeedback techniques
Mindfulness-Based Biofeedback for Skills Development
- Choose the best combination of mindfulness practices & biofeedback modalities
- What to monitor & when
- Take-home worksheet resources
- Help clients transition behaviours into habits
- Relapse or normal fluctuations in learning?
- Client homework: Simple starting points
- Practice Exercises: Use biofeedback for skills development
- Attention & prevention
- Thought management
- Problem reconceptualization
- Tension reduction
Mindfulness-Based Biofeedback in Action: Confidently Tailor for Use with Specific Disorders & Special Clinical Populations
- Anxiety and panic
- Chronic & acute pain
- Case Managers
- Social Workers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Addiction Counselors
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Other Mental Health Professionals
All physical products (Books, DVD's, etc.) are shipped from the United States and will be dispatched through FedEx International. As soon your order ships, you'll receive an automated e-mail with your tracking information. Tracking details can also be found directly on your account.
Total Reviews: 30