Full Course Description
Elliott Connie's Solution Focused Brief Therapy Certification Course - Level 1
- Integrate and describe the Connie-Froerer Diamond Approach to Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
- Employ the best hopes questions for establishing goals for therapy.
- Utilize four different approaches to developing a best hopes description including a) Resource Talk, b) Scaling, c) Preferred Future, and d) History of the Best Hopes.
- Construct a therapeutic approach for closing sessions in a way that honours the autonomy and agency of the clients.
- Integrate the Connie-Froerer SFBT approach to working with dyads and couples.
- Getting Started with Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Using Client’s Best Hopes for Effective Outcomes Right from the First Session
- The Resource Talk
- The Honeymoon Talk
- Preferred Future Session
- Scales and Follow up
- SFBT Session 01 Step by Step Analysis
Using Solution Focused Brief Therapy to Maximize Telehealth Sessions
- Appraise the efficacy of utilizing solution-focused brief therapy on a telehealth platform.
- Conduct telehealth-based solution-focused therapy sessions per the flow chart outlined during the lecture.
- Implement solution-focused interventions that shift the conversation from “problem talk” toward productive, solution-oriented talk.
SFBT Meets the Telehealth Platform
- Why SFBT aligns well with distance therapy
- The importance of your first few interactions
- “The details drive the change”
The Solution-Focused Virtual Session
- Common questions associated with SFBT
- A structural breakdown of the SFBT session
- Asking the right questions, eliciting hope, building momentum, harnessing your client’s strengths, and more!
SFBT Session Demos and Case Examples
- Observe, ask questions, gain insight
- Take home strategies you can use the next day!